Okay, I'll review the Photoready foundation first.
PRODUCT INFO from REVLON:
* Complete yet undetectable coverage
* Oil free, Fragrance Free
* SPF 20
* Can be used alone or in combination with either the PhotoReady Powder OR PhotoReady Translucent Finisher
*image borrowed from REVLON*
Shades available locally:
Shell, Nude, Natural Beige, Medium Beige, Cool Beige
WHAT I LIKE:
* sheer-medium (but buildable) coverage
* has spf 20
* not mask like or fake looking
* my face looks glowing coz of the tiny shimmers
* lightweight - doesn't feel heavy on the face
* spreads easily, non- sticky
* no allergies or breakouts
* love the pump packaging!
* my face doesn't look shiny after an hour or two (i have normal skin w/ oily t-zone)
WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
* limited shades available locally- but I'm glad SHELL perfectly matched my NC20 skintone.
* still used concealer on my undereyes, it looked brighter/ illuminated after applying the foundation - but it still didn't totally cover the "darkness" LOL
You only need a pump or two to cover your face and neck area. You can use either a brush or a sponge to apply. Apply in thin layers until you get the coverage you want.
If you have severe pimple marks, scars etc, I think the foundation will not totally cover (since it doesn't have full coverage when used alone) - but it will help reflect light on your problem areas so that its less noticeable.
Some people noticed the visible shimmers especially under daylight - to tone this down apply loose powder. But in my experience, i'm not bothered by it coz its hardly visible (on me).
I love it!
4 out of 5.
Love the glowing effect =)